And not the way you think. I spent the first two weeks of my own junior high as "Michael" because I'd just moved and didn't have the courage to correct the P.E. teacher.
I miss TEACHING junior high. Strange, huh? For all the times I've been called a saint for doing it--- you either love it, or you don't. End of story. I loved it.
Many things I recently discovered reminded me of this:
1. Lindsey's friend Tiffanie, who I have heard much about but never had the chance to meet. The Big Butts story of January 29, 2007. I can't figure out how to link straight to it.
2. I don't know this person at all, but it reminds me of the lunchroom at first lunch. I can't explain why.
3. Student bribery and overlooking the rules just for once to get something done? I have!
4. Interesting to me that all teaching blogs have the poor things looking for a release that won't get back to their students or get them fired. The story about the boy who couldn't remember how to spell his name made me happy.
5. This person has a happy balance between repressed anger and joy. I like it. Especially the boy who came back to visit.
6. Junior high crushes on teachers ... such awkwardness...
7. Co-teachers!!! I feel ya, Ms. Cornelius and shrewdness of apes!
8. Mating habits of freshmen. So true. I have told many a boy that deodorant really IS important, especially after P.E. Who knew teaching involved all this?
9. Riso machines. I can change cartridges in the dark. And I have...
Nostalgia. Did you know that when I was younger I used to confuse the meanings of "nostalgia" and "nausea"? Maybe I still am.