Friday, August 22, 2008

5 Reasons Why I Love Zoroastrians (And You Should Too)

5. The Magi that visited Baby Jesus were Zoroastrians.
(No Zoroastrians=No Christmas presents)

4. Cyrus, the Persian emperor who allowed the Jews to return from Babylon and rebuild the Temple, was a Zoroastrian.
(No Zoroastrians=No Temple)

3. Marrying a parent or sibling is a pious practice in Zoroastrianism.
(No Zoroastrians=No incest?)

2. Zoroastrians worship God through fire.
(No Zoroastrians=No salvation for pyromaniacs)

1. Zoroastrians are my current research project.
(No Zoroastrians=No blog entry)

I rest MY case.

2 comments:

lindsey said...

you two are hilarious! I had to follow all of the links to learn what it was all about! Thanks for the education!

Taylor said...

Maybe it's just me, but you know, reason #3 just isn't pulling it's weight for me.